The world is not delivering progress towards the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) at the pace or scale needed and there is a clear need for stronger business alignment with the SDGs. While it is still possible to shift the world towards a 1.5°C trajectory and achieve the SDGs by 2030, it will take urgent, scalable and multi-stakeholder action to dramatically accelerate progress.
This webinar will provide practical guidance on how companies can align their business with what is needed to achieve the SDGs by 2030. It will highlight how business can deliver impactful contributions to the SDGs and provide practical guidance to help companies advance their own work with the SDGs.
Accompanied by a keynote from a UN Global Compact representative, we will put the SDGs in a business context and highlight key considerations to help companies approach the SDGs in an impactful way. Representatives from different companies participating in the UN Global Compact will then present how they are aligning their business with the SDGs while sharing practical examples and valuable learnings.
- Ole Lund Hansen, Chief, Global Operations, United Nations Global Compact
- Anna Aulakoski, Sustainability Manager, Sustainability Development, Neste Corporation
- Chrisanne Kouzas, Sustainability Specialist, Human Rights, Neste Corporation
- Mira Olausson, Head of Corporate Communication & Sustainability, Salinity
- Remaining speakers for the event will be announced on an ongoing basis
Target audience for the event
- This event is for anyone who wants to learn more about the SDGs from a business perspective and understand how other companies work with the Global Goals in practice.
- The event is suitable for both large and small companies, as well as product and service-based companies.
- It is not necessary to have sustainability as your main responsibility, so feel free to invite your colleagues.
- Event Date: 1 September 2021
- Event Time: Sweden (CEST) 09.00–11.00 | Finland (EEST) 10.00–12.00
- Webinar: The webinar will be held on Zoom. Participants will receive the meeting link upon registration.
- Language: English
- Attendees: Open to all companies and organizations (participation in UN Global Compact is not required)
- Registration: The webinar is free of charge. Last day to register is 31 August
- Contact: If you have questions about the webinar, you are welcome to contact us via email